There are so many reasons why a bicycle can be considered the best form of transport (in our humble opinion). It is not only good for our health and bank accounts (did you know that a bicycle is 20 times cheaper to maintain than the average car?), but it is good for the environment as well.
There is now no wonder why there are twice as many bicycles in the world than cars! It is believed that the world manufactures more or less 100 million of them each year, that means that currently over 1 billion bicycles are being used all over the world!
In terms of the environment, it is understood that bicycles save over 238 million gallons of fuel every year. We can also fit about 15 bicycles in the same space that 1 car occupies.
But the best part about riding a bicycle is that it makes us look cool! This is why we were happy to get involved in sponsoring some new bicycles for the staff at Melkbosstrand Private School (MPS). Mr Jaco Smit, the school principle, is quoted as saying;
“You can be sure that this kind gesture will have a positive impact on their lives. They can now drive to and from school instead of walking. For some of them it is their first bicycle ever!”
Now isn’t that cool?
Sancert is ready to review your site to ensure you meet all department of labour requirements in order to be Covid-19 complaint. Once we have done a review and issued a report, we will provide your company with a site specific certificate which guarantees that you are meeting the requirements to the best of your ability.
Sancert will not implement the requirements for your company but we are pleased to provide the necessary templates for you to entrench yourself. Please see below templates which you are welcome to download and edit to your liking:
- COVID-19 Compliance Checklist
- COVID-19 Risk Report- To use if an infection occurs on your site
- COVID-19 Lead Compliance Officer Appointment Letter- Option 1
- COVID-19 Lead Compliance Officer Appointment Letter- Option 2
- COVID-19 Compliance Officer Appointment Letter- Option 1
- COVID-19 Compliance Officer Appointment Letter- Option 2
- COVID-19 Policy
- Risk Management Procedure
- Employee PPE Register
- COVID-19 Visitors Screening Register
- COVID -19 Company Declaration
- Emergency Numbers
- COVID-19 Guidance on Vulnerable Employees