- Store batteries in a cool, dry area.
- Batteries should be kept in an upright position.
- Keep batteries from freezing for maximum life.
Battery Stacking and Stock Rotation
- Never stack batteries directly on top of each other unless they are in cartons or on pallets protected by corrugated packaging.
- Do not stack batteries more than two high.
- Always rotate stock using first in, first out methodology (FIFO).
- New batteries will measure 12.6 volts or more.
- Voltage drops with long storage periods, if a battery drops below 12.4 always change it before use.
- Always test batteries before installation and charge if necessary.
Battery Charging Tips
- Always follow safety precautions and wear proper eye protection.
- Always read the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Turn charger off and disconnect battery prior to hook-up.
- If violent gassing or spewing of liquid occurs or the case feels hot, temporarily reduce or halt charging.
- Never attempt to charge a frozen battery, allow it to warm first.